Attorney Rob Dean is a Virginia non-compete lawyer who provides advice and counsel to clients in matters involving non-compete agreements, non-solicit agreements, misappropriation of trade secrets, computer fraud, social media, and unfair business practices.
He also assists employees and small businesses in defending against business tort claims, such as tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty, and other breach of contract claims. He has represented individuals and entrepreneurs in Roanoke, Richmond and Northern Virginia across a wide range of industries.
Before forming the firm, Mr. Dean worked as a lawyer for the one of the largest law firms in Southwest Virginia. He also served as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for the City of Lynchburg, Virginia, where he prosecuted over 350 cases, ranging for serious traffic matters to felony crimes. He has successfully handled business tort litigation and other non-compete cases in state and federal court.
If you need help reviewing your non-compete agreement or discussing your options, please do not hesitate to contact the firm at (540) 585-1776 or by email at email@example.com.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Represented numerous employees and companies throughout Virginia to provide advice and counsel regarding non-compete agreements and trade secret matters, including: physicians, nurse practitioners, engineers, accountants, executives, sales managers, financial advisors, and franchisees
- Represented the franchisee of a national auto repair company in successfully challenging the enforceability of a non-compete agreement, and successfully argued the appeal Hamden v Total Car Franchising Corp d/b/a Colors on Parade (W.D. Va. 2012); Hamden v Total Car Franchising Corp d/b/a Colors on Parade (4th Cir 2013)
- Represented a regional roofing contractor in successfully defending against litigation arising from various non-compete claims. Melvin T Morgan Roofing & Sheet Metal Co v Caldwell Roofing(Lynchburg Cir Ct 2013)
- Represented an informational technology services firms in successfully defending against litigation arising from various non-compete claims. Allegro Consultants v. Reibsamen Corp. (Henrico Cir Ct 2012)
- Represented clients in state and federal courts throughout Virginia, including Roanoke City, Roanoke County, Salem City, Montgomery County, Bath County, Franklin County, Bedford County, Henry County, Tazewell County, Augusta County, Rockbridge County, Rockingham County, Loudoun County, Fairfax County, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Charlottesville, Arlington, and Richmond
- Associate, Gentry Locke Rakes & Moore, LLP
- Associate, Frith & Ellerman Law Firm, P.C.
- Prosecutor, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for the City of Lynchburg
- Prosecutor Intern, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Rockbridge County/Lexington
- Summer Law Clerk, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Intern, Federal Trade Commission – Bureau of Competition
- Prior to practicing law, worked as a research associate with the Center for Gene Therapy at the University of Michigan Medical School
- Building a 21st Century Law Practice: Tips for the Digital Age, April 2015
- Best Practices and Legal Ethics of Social Media Evidence, September 2014
- Launching a Cloud-Based Document Management System, April 2014
- Practice Tips for Going Paperless, April 2014
- Legal Research Tips for the 21st-Century Attorney, March 2014
- Virginia Ethics of Digital Marketing, January 2014
- Law Office Management: How to Run a Paperless Office, October 2012
- Apple iPad for Virginia Trial Lawyers: How to Prepare for Trial and Make Your Case, October 2012
- Board of Directors, Roanoke Bar Association
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, The Ted Dalton American Inn of Court
- Member, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyer’s Conference
- Chair, Virginia State Bar, First Day in Practice Seminar (2012-Present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar Special Committee on the Technology and Practice of Law (2012-Present)
- Past Secretary, Board of Directors, West End Center for Youth (2012-2015)
- Co-Chair, Blue Ridge Legal Services Pro Bono Hotline (2013-Present)
- Member, Membership Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013-Present)
- Member, Young Trial Lawyer’s Leadership Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013-Present)